Learn how to best utilize Curamei's functionalities to enhance quality of care.
Common TermsPatients Providers
Some terms may be reoccuring in the Curamei platform, and we have compiled a list of common terms that can help make using the platform more intuitive.
- Data Source - Data sources allow patient users to organize the health data which they aggregate. Generally, Data Sources can be patient portal connections or providers for manual uploads.
- Digital Health - Digital Health generally refers to health-oriented apps and products that can be used for tracking biometrics, logging information, or storing data related to health. These include products like Fitbit.
- FHIR - The Fast Health Interoperability Resources (FHIR) standard is an international standard used for the exchange and storage of electronic health records.
- HIPAA - The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act is the overarching US federal regulatory scheme that guides how protected health information is to be handled by covered entities like healthcare providers and what rights the patient has over such data.
- Manaul Upload - The Manual Upload feature allows patients to upload files to Curamei under the category of a provider. Uploading under providers allows for files to be categorized according to the most relevant provider for that document.
- Mutli-Factor Authentication - Mutli-factor Authentication (MFA) is a security technique wherein users can only log into an account by providing 2 or more forms of authentication.
- NPI Number - The National Provider Identifier (NPI) number identifies American registered healthcare providers. The NPI number is a standardized and public record method of keeping track of the identities of registered healthcare providers.
- OAuth - OAuth is a technique of giving an app access to data from a user's account in a third-party application. When entering login credentials for the third-party application, the user provides permission for the primary app to access data from the third-party application without having to store other account passwords.
- Patient Portal - Many health systems allow patients to view their electronic health records (EHR) through patient portals. Curamei supports connection to many patient portals.
- Resource - In the FHIR standard, a resource is the name of an individual electronic health record. These resources fall under resource type categories such as conditions, immunizations, and encounters. Each resource is capable of handling several fields for more information about the described entity.
- Social Login - Social login (or social sign-in) allows users to sign into a platform by using the login process of another larger social network service like Google, Facebook, or Twitter.